Counselling & Support
We recognise that it takes it a lot of courage to take the first step and ask for support. Counselling is not offered at Horizon West Midlands sites however we work closely with a number of specialist counselling services across the West Midlands and can talk through the options with you. We can make contact with counselling services on your behalf or give you the necessary information to take this step yourself if you would prefer. Counselling can give the opportunity to understand how you have been affected by the assault, deal with any difficulties that you may be experiencing as a result of this and how to move forward from this.
There are many different types of counselling including psychoanalysis, cognitive behavioural therapy and can be in the form of individual sessions or group therapy.
Specialist rape and sexual assault counselling services across your area include (please click on the name of the organisation to be linked to the websites):
- Rape and Sexual Violence Project (RSVP), covering Birmingham and Solihull Tel: 0121 6430301 or 0121 6434136 Website: www.rsvporg.co.uk/services/counselling/
- Black Country Sexual Violence Service, covering Sandwell, Dudley and Wolverhampton. Tel: 0121 553 0090 Website: www.sandwellwomensaid.co.uk/counselling.html
- Crisis Point, covering Wolverhampton and Walsall. Tel: 01922 722777
- Coventry Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (CRASAC) covering Coventry. Tel: 024 72677777. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dudley Rape and Sexual Assault Counselling and Trauma Treatment Service covering Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Foundation Trust for clients who are already under Mental Health services. Tel: 0121 692 8817.
Horizon West Midlands can support you in accessing specialist agencies for ongoing support including counselling, as well as health services such as getting in contact with your GP